Apache OpenNLP 1.6.0 released
The Apache OpenNLP team is pleased to announce the release of version 1.6.0 of Apache OpenNLP.
The Apache OpenNLP library is a machine learning based toolkit for the processing of natural language text. It supports the most common NLP tasks, such as tokenization, sentence segmentation, part-of-speech tagging, named entity extraction, chunking, parsing, and coreference resolution.
The OpenNLP 1.6.0 binary and source distributions are available for download from our download page: http://opennlp.apache.org/cgi-bin/download.cgi
The OpenNLP library is distributed by Maven Central as well. See the Maven Dependency page for more details: http://opennlp.apache.org/maven-dependency.html
This release introduces many new features, improvements and bug fixes. The API has been improved for a better consistency and 1.4 deprecated methods were removed. Now Java 1.7 is required.
Additionally the release contains the following noteworthy changes:
- Added evalutation support to the parser and doccat components
- Added support to Evalita 07/09, Brat and OntoNotes corpus formats
- Now L-BFGS is stable
- Added Snowball to the Stemmer package
- NameFinder now supports a user defined factory
- Added pluggable machine learning support
- Added a lemmatizer module
- Added Cluster, Document Begin and Clark feature generators to the Name Finder
- Added Liblinear as a Machine Learning addon
- Entity Linker now has a command line interface
- Added sequence classification support
A detailed list of the issues related to this release can be found in the release notes.
For a complete list of fixed bugs and improvements please see the RELEASE_NOTES file included in the distribution.
--The Apache OpenNLP Team